SUBSCRIBE and 🔔 TURN ON PUSH NOTIFICATIONS 🔔
Recipe: Chocolate Caramel Cookies
1/1/2 Saltine Cracker Sleeves (approx 50-60)
or 2 pks Graham Crackers
1 C. unsalted butter (2 sticks)
1 C. light brown sugar
1 pk. chocolate chips (10-12 oz) your choice, milk, semi-sweet, dark
1/2-3/4 C. white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375°
1) Line baking pan with parchment paper. If using foil, grease foil.
2) Fill pan with crackers, salted or sugared side down
3) Melt butter in saucepan. Add brown sugar. Bring to boil, whisking occasionally. Keep steady boil for about 4 minutes watching carefully.
4) Pour caramel over crackers, spreading evenly with spatula. Spread fairly quickly as the caramel’s consistency changes fast.
5) Bake for 5 minutes
6) While baking, melt white chocolate, preferably in a double boiler. If you do not have one, fill a small amount of water in a small pot and place a small bowl with handles inside the pot. The boiling water will melt the chocolate in the bowl. Use oven mitts to remove hot bowl. *Not recommended, but if you do melt the chocolate in the microwave, check it continuously and stir each time, as it can easily burn.
7) Pour chocolate chips evenly over cookies from oven. Wait about 1 min until chips soften, then spread with spatula.
8) Drizzle white chocolate across the cookies making a decorative design.
9) Optional: adding other toppings such as, pecans / other nuts, sprinkles, sea salt, crushed pretzels, crushes peppermint…
10) Place pan in freezer for approximately 10 mins or until chocolate and caramel harden.
11) Cut or break cookies with hands into smaller pieces
Please tag me on social media, (links above) if you make these! I would love to see your photos! 😘📸
Follow Nylah and Bambu!